Angels Up Academy: Bootcamp
Gain the ability to manage a portfolio of startup investments: from selection and investment to exit
Designed to equip you with the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to invest in startups: from theory to an actual investment.
Startup Wise Guy’s origins began in 2012 and, since then, we’ve seen firsthand the incredible potential of investing in international startups. We also have a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities that arise. Now, we’re excited to share our expertise with you through the Angels Up Academy.
You’ll have access to expert-led workshops, real-life case studies, and networking opportunities with other investors and industry leaders. And, by the end of it, you will have the tools to make an informed personal startup investment decision.
Essentially, you will learn how to invest in international startups in 8 sessions: from theory to an actual investment. And you will join a community of like minded professionals with exclusive access to content, investment opportunities & events available for our Alumni only.
Become a "diamond miner"
We've got the inside scoop on what works and what doesn't and we will share with you all the do's and don'ts that we have learned so far.
We will provide you with hands-on practice, taking you from the initial stages of evaluating a startup to making an actual investment.
Join an exclusive network
You will join the Angels Up Academy Alumni and will connect with a community of top-tier investors, mentors, and industry leaders
About the Program
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 29
- Review the criteria list below to know if this programs fits you:
- Interest in investing in startups and innovative projects
- English proficiency
- Financial capacity: You should be willing and able to pay the program fee of €2,500+VAT.
- Fill the online application
- We will conduct interviews with the most qualified applicants and select up to 20 most qualified and motivated applicants
A waitlist will be created of other qualified applicants who may be selected if any of the initial 20 participants drop out.
The Essentials of Angel Investing using Startup Wise Guys' Methodology
- Launch of the Angels Up Academy: Bootcamp I & Workshop #1: Angel Investing Foundations
- Thursday 1st June - Online from 10:00 to 12:30 (CEST time)
- Workshop #2: Startup Selection, Due Diligence & Crafting Your Investment Thesis
- Friday 2nd June - Online from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST time)
Legal and Practical Considerations in Angel Investing: A Deep Dive
- Workshop #3: Legal Fundamentals
- Thursday 8th June - Online from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST time)
- Workshop #4: Post Investment Process
- Friday 9th June - Online from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST time)
- Fireside chat with an investor
- Friday 16th June - Online from 10:00 to 11:30 (CEST time)
Identifying promising startups: from theory to Startups Pitch Day
- Content of Pre-accelerator (Modules #1-6)
- Content released online every Thursday at 10am (CEST time)
- Startup Wise Guys’ Scouting Pitch session
- Thursday 15th June - Online from 10:00 to 12:00 (CEST time)
- Startup Mentor Day
- Thursday 22nd June - Online from 10:00 to 12:00 (CEST time)
- Graduation Day
- Friday 23rd June - Onsite (at The Pool in Marbella) from 10:00 to 14:00 (CEST time). A cocktail lunch will be provided after the session. While options for convenience will be provided, participants are responsible for covering the cost of their flight ticket and accommodation.
Note that Pillar 2 encompasses the actual investment process, while Pillar 1 provides the necessary foundational knowledge to carry out effective angel investing. Pillar 3 focuses on the startups and their development, leading up to Graduation Day with startups pitching to the participants of the program.
What happens next? Alumni Community
Once you enroll in this program & make your first investment in one of Startup Wise Guys’ portfolio, you'll have access to a community of like-minded investors who are as passionate as you (and us!) about investing in startups. You will have the opportunity to attend unique events around the world & unlock exclusive content.
- This course is 4 weeks long, a total of 8 sessions (2 per week) with 17 hours of live content in total.
- This bootcamp edition is open to participants everywhere in the world, however please bear in mind the online live sessions will be running in the CET time zone (see below for more details).
- Seats are limited to 20 participants to ensure the quality of the sessions & networking.
- 7 out of 8 sessions will be conducted online. For those who are unable to attend the live sessions, recordings will be made available.
- The last session, on Friday 23rd June, will be happening onsite in Málaga, at The Pool (in Marbella), where a cocktail lunch will be provided after the session. – While options for convenience will be provided, participants are responsible for covering the cost of their flight ticket and accommodation.
The Angels Up Academy is for you if
- You have a genuine interest in investing in startups and innovative projects.
- You speak and understand English proficiently (so you can understand the content of the program and communicate with the rest of participants and investors from the community).
- You are willing to pay €2,500+VAT for the program.
- You can attend at least 50% of the live sessions (4 out 8 sessions).
This program is designed for individuals who meet the requirements listed above. Seats are limited to 20 people maximum, thus one sent the pre-inscription a selection of profiles will be made.
Once you have finished the program, we will share with you our active dealflow of startups from Startup Wise Guys’ portfolio. If interested, you will be free to invest on your own or via a syndicate.
After making your first investment in one of Startup Wise Guys’ portfolio, you’ll have access to the Alumni Community of like-minded investors who are as passionate as you (and us!) about investing in startups.
"I found very insightful to learn about what kind of Business Angel I am right now and who I'd like to be, what are the main tasks a Business Angel has to do with the co-founders team, when (in timeline) a Business Angel invest and so on..."
"I learnt the kind of questions I need to think about before investing, I feel these are crucial to go in the direction I want to go to become the Business Angel I want to be."
"I found the workshops very dynamic, the content was very well structured and really valuable."
Let’s crunch some numbers
Startup Wise Guys is a leading early-stage startup accelerator with multiple venture capital funds with a strong track record of investing in successful startups from around the world.
By December 2022, Startup Wise Guys was recognised among top 3 global accelerators by European VCs, listed among the top mentioned global ones along with Entrepreneur First, Y Combinator, and followed by Techstars and Plug and Play.
We have a strong team of outstanding mentors, amazing serial entrepreneurs, and an exclusive international network of top-tier investors. We have the experience and knowledge to help you start your journey in startup investing — sustainably, wisely, and globally.
Multiplier across all exits
Azahara Vera Cobos
Product Lead - Angel Investing Academy
Program Content Manager
Ilze Timi Graubina
Pre-Revenue Program Manager
Program Operations Manager