Angels Up Academy: Women Bootcamp
A program tailored to empower women with the ambition to become Business Angels.
Designed to equip women with the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to invest in startups: from theory to an actual investment.
Startup Wise Guy’s origins began in 2012 and, since then, we’ve seen firsthand the incredible potential of investing in international startups. We also have a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities that arise. Now, we’re excited to share our expertise with you through Angels Up Academy.
We believe that having more women business angels is essential for fostering diversity and inclusivity in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, bringing unique perspectives and insights to investment decisions. This increased representation not only empowers women entrepreneurs but also enhances the overall success of startups. Hence why we decided to create this edition for women only.
You’ll have access to expert-led workshops, real-life case studies, and networking opportunities with other investors and industry leaders. And, by the end of it, you will have the tools to make an informed personal startup investment decision.
Essentially, you will learn how to invest in international startups in 10 sessions: from theory to an actual investment. And you will join a community of like-minded professionals with exclusive access to content, investment opportunities & events available for our investors only.
Become a "diamond miner"
We've got the inside scoop on what works and what doesn't and we will share with you all the do's and don'ts that we have learned so far.
We will provide you with hands-on practice, taking you from the initial stages of evaluating a startup to making an actual investment.
Join an exclusive network
You will join the Startup Wise Guys Investors’ Community and will connect with a group of top-tier investors, mentors, and industry leaders.
About the Program
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 12
- Review the criteria list below to know if this programs fits you:
- Interest in investing in startups and innovative projects
- English proficiency
- Financial capacity: You should be willing and able to pay the program fee of €950.
- Fill the online application
- We will conduct interviews with the most qualified applicants and select a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 of them.
- A waitlist will be created of other qualified applicants who may be selected if any of the initial participants drop out.
The Essentials of Angel Investing using Startup Wise Guys' Methodology
- Thursday 26th October - Online from 10:00 to 12:30 (CEST time): Launch of the program & Workshop #1: Angel Investing Foundations.
- Friday 27th October - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Startup Selection & Due Diligence.
Legal and Practical Considerations in Angel Investing: A Deep Dive
- Thursday 2nd November - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Crafting Your Investment Thesis
- Friday 3rd November - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Legal Fundamentals I
- Thursday 9th November - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Legal Fundamentals II
Identifying promising startups: from theory to Startups Pitch Day
- Content released online every Thursday at 10:00 (CEST time): Content of Startup Wise Guys’ Pre-accelerator
- Friday 10th November - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Post Investment Process
- Thursday 16th November - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Startup Wise Guys’ Scouting Pitch session
- Friday 17th November - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Mentor Day with Startups
- Thursday 23rd November - Online from 12:00 to 13:30 (CEST time): Fireside chat with investor
- Friday 24th November - Onsite in Málaga from 10:00 to 14:00 (CEST time): Startup Pitching Competition & Program’s Graduation Day. A cocktail lunch will be provided after the session. Participants are responsible for covering the cost of their flight ticket and accommodation.
Note that Pillar 2 encompasses the actual investment process, while Pillar 1 provides the necessary foundational knowledge to carry out effective angel investing. Pillar 3 focuses on the startups and their development, leading up to Graduation Day with startups pitching to the participants of the program.
What happens next? Alumni Community
Once you enroll in this program & make your first investment in one of Startup Wise Guys’ portfolio, you'll have access to a community of like-minded investors who are as passionate as you (and us!) about investing in startups. You will have the opportunity to attend unique events around the world & unlock exclusive content.
- This course is 5 weeks long, a total of 10 sessions (2 per week) with 17 hours of live content in total.
- This edition is open to female participants everywhere in the world, however please bear in mind the online live sessions will be running in the CET time zone (see below for more details).
- Seats are limited to a minimum of 10 participants and a maximum of 20 participants to ensure the quality of the sessions & networking.
- 9 out of 10 sessions will be conducted online. For those who are unable to attend the online live sessions, recordings will be made available.
- The last session will be happening onsite in Málaga (venue TBC) where a cocktail lunch will be provided after the session. – While options for convenience will be provided, participants are responsible for covering the cost of their flight ticket and accommodation.
The Angels Up Academy: Women bootcamp is for you if
- You have a genuine interest in investing in startups and innovative projects.
- You speak and understand English proficiently (so you can understand the content of the program and communicate with the rest of participants and investors from the community).
- You are willing to pay €950 for the program.
- You can attend at least 6 out of the 9 online live sessions and the onsite session in Málaga.
This program is designed for individuals who meet the requirements listed above. Seats are limited to a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 20 people maximum, thus one sent the pre-inscription a selection of profiles will be made.
Once you have finished the program, we will share with you our active dealflow of startups from Startup Wise Guys’ portfolio. If interested, you will be free to invest on your own or via a syndicate.
After making your first investment in one of Startup Wise Guys’ portfolio, you’ll have access to the Startup Wise Guys Investors’ Community of like-minded investors who are as passionate as you (and us!) about investing in startups.
"I found very insightful to learn about what kind of Business Angel I am right now and who I'd like to be, what are the main tasks a Business Angel has to do with the co-founders team, when (in timeline) a Business Angel invest and so on..."
"I learnt the kind of questions I need to think about before investing, I feel these are crucial to go in the direction I want to go to become the Business Angel I want to be."
"I found the workshops very dynamic, the content was very well structured and really valuable."
Let’s crunch some numbers
Startup Wise Guys is a leading early-stage startup accelerator with multiple venture capital funds with a strong track record of investing in successful startups from around the world. Awarded with the Best Accelerator/Incubator Program of the Year 2023 by Global Startup Awards.
We have a strong team of outstanding mentors, amazing serial entrepreneurs, and an exclusive international network of top-tier investors. We have the experience and knowledge to help you start your journey in startup investing — sustainably, wisely, and globally.
Azahara Vera Cobos
Product Lead - Angels Up Academy
Program Content Manager
Ilze Timi Graubina
Pre-Revenue Program Manager
Program Operations Manager